Thursday, June 24, 2010

June 24, 2010

So i was sitting at my computer desk today, and all of a sudden i got really dizzy, the room started to spin, and i was seeing things.....it got so bad that i put my head between my legs cause i thought i was going to pass out.

I immediately called my drs office to have the dr on call paged.....and before she called back i had checked my blood sugar and listened for the heartbeats.... both were normal!!!

The dr finally called back, and said its completely normal, especially at this stage of the pregnancy. She said the fluids are building up around the babies, and that causes your blood pressure to shift, and causes dizziness. She herself had experienced this as well.
She told me that i did the right thing by putting my head between my legs (or as close as i could anyways with my ever expanding belly) and take deep breaths. She said if it does keep happening that i need to call again, but otherwise its completely normal...

What a relief. I thought i was going to have to make the hour long drive to the hospital....which i gladly would have to make sure the safety of my babies....

So i can now breathe a sigh of relief, as this apparently is normal during pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers